What is Counselling?
Counselling can give you support, when faced with overwhelming changes in your life, it allows you to:
- Express your thoughts and feelings in a confidential environment
- Gain insight and understanding about yourself or a situation that you wish to resolve
- Explore your thoughts, feelings and the origin of your difficulties
- Develop insight and understanding about yourself, your relationships and your life events
- Gain a new perspective and make previously unseen connections
- Understand projected images in a safe and non-judgemental environment
- Learn new skills and strategies
- Eliminate or reduce worrying psychological symptoms
- Improve your health and well being
- Improve your self esteem, confidence and self acceptance
- Empower you
- Resolve problems from your past which is impacting on your present, leading to a more fulfilling life and leaving you space to discover a clearer purpose
Couples and Relationship Counselling
Relationships are a major part of life. When our relationships fail to thrive, we struggle as individuals.
Just as every individual is unique, so is every relationship. Counselling will provide a safe and confidential space for couples, regardless of marital status or sexual orientation, to explore any difficulties which may be experienced in the relationship. It can provide a space for you each to hear the other and be heard. A space where actions and reactions can be paced and explored.
Couples may stop communicating for a number of reasons, including:
- Fertility issues
- New parents struggling to cope
- Sex and sexual differences
- Life changes
Couples counselling can work through these issues and revive, repair or rekindle a relationship or, if necessary, can provide a means to separate as amicably as possible.