I am an independent Counsellor and my private practice is based in South East London.
I am a qualified and extensively experienced Person-Centred and Integrative Counsellor, which means I incorporate different models of therapy including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) into my practice.
- Higher Professional Counselling diploma from a BACP accredited course
- Registered Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Certificate in Person-Centred Couples/Relationship counselling
- Certificate CBT for Person-Centred Therapists
I have experience working:
- As an Affiliate Counsellor for Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
- As a Community based Counsellor
- As a School Counsellor
- As a Counsellor in agencies for parents and vulnerable adults
- With adults with an enduring mental health diagnosis, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional disorders
I engage in regular monthly supervision for my client work and regularly attend Continued Professional Development (CPD) courses on a variety of issues and topics.
I have a current and updated Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
I have a firm belief in the individual and believe that with the right therapeutic relationship a person can make life changing choices. I will acknowledge you as a unique individual and your personal experiences.I am an Accredited member of the British
Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP
and I adhere to its code of ethics and practice. I am also a member of the UK Counselling Directory.
Together we will build and work through your concerns in a fluid,
empathic, non judgemental, trusting and honest relationship.
‘Marcia’s capacity for empathy is remarkable. During my counselling a very close friend died unexpectedly and Marcia’s mirroring of my feelings let me feel, fully, the extent of my grief. Not being a man who cries easily this was a great gift to me.’
Male client - 2011
“I am a trainee Counsellor on a diploma course, I had Counselling with Marcia as a course requirement, but stayed longer than was required. I found that Marcia complemented exactly what I am being taught. Marcia is supportive, respectful, kind, non judgemental and honest. Marcia created a safe environment, where I felt able to talk about anything no matter how difficult.” Student - 2011